Sunday, August 26, 2012

Jack Daniel's Chocolate Cupcakes Part 2

After making the Jack Daniel's cupcakes the first time, I knew that they were going to be something that I would make many more times! I decided to make them again for a friend's birthday the other day.  I decided that I would make a simple change, so instead of making the chocolate icing, I would make a vanilla buttercream. I searched the internet to find a good buttercream frosting with pretty good reviews from people. Amazingly, that was a fairly difficult task, but I finally found one.

Anyone who makes cupcakes or knows anything about cupcakes, has heard of a place called Sprinkles Cupcakes. Well, I stumbled upon their vanilla buttercream frosting recipe and everyone seemed to be pleased with it. So I decided to try this recipe and all I have to say is that it was AMAZING!! I had leftovers, so I put the rest in the fridge and my mom and I have been eating spoonfuls of it! I have heard horror stories about buttercream frosting, but this was actually a very simple recipe that anyone could do.  I used a piping bag with a round tip and simply swirled the icing on top. Then I took a dark chocolate chip and sat it in the middle for a little decoration. I am excited to make these again this week for a Jaguars football game. I'm going to make a teal buttercream and make paw prints on top!! :D

For the Jack Daniel's Cupcake recipe, look at my very first blog post (Jack Daniel's and Chocolate? A Perfect Combination).

Enjoy!

-Kym's Kitchen



Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
(http://www.food.com/recipeprint.do?rid=222188)

Ingredients:

1 cup butter, softened
3 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
1 tsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp salt

Directions:

1. In a bowl/ mixer, combine butter, sugar and salt. Beat until blended.

2. Add the milk and vanilla and beat for an additional 3-5 minutes or until smooth.


** Kym's Touch:  Add fun food coloring to make different colors **

No comments:

Post a Comment