Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pecan Toffee to Die For

During the holidays, I received two huge bags of pecans from a friend. I had no idea what to do with them until one day I Googled "pecan recipes" and found this amazing toffee from Southern Living. I made it once for Christmas, just to see how it went over. Then I took some to work. Everyone wanted to know where I got the recipe and when I would make it again! So I decided that I needed to post it here so that I could share it with everyone! I would recommend that if you do not have a candy thermometer to get one, because I think that it is one of the most important things in making this properly. Other than that, it is a super easy recipe and great for any occasion.

Enjoy feeding your sweet tooth! :)

-Kym's Kitchen


Pecan Toffee 
(From: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/pecan-toffee-10000000410629/)
  
Ingredients

1 1/2 cups chopped pecans, divided
1 cup sugar
1 cup butter, softened 
1/3 cup water
5 (1.55-ounce) milk chocolate bars, broken into small pieces *Or 1-2 Bags of Milk Chocolate Chips*

Preparation 

1. Line a 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil; lightly grease foil. Sprinkle with 1 cup pecans to within 1 inch of edges.
2. Bring sugar, butter, and 1/3 cup water to a boil in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, 12 minutes or until a candy thermometer registers 310° (hard crack stage). Pour over pecans; sprinkle with chocolate pieces. Let stand 30 seconds.

3. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup pecans. Chill 30 minutes. Break up toffee using a mallet or rolling pin. Store in an airtight container.

** I added some of the Heath Bar Toffee Bits to the top which really added a nice touch! **

No comments:

Post a Comment